Below you will find other upcoming events at businesses around Downtown Hillsborough. Bookmark this page and check back often as the events below are updated continuously. Thank you for supporting your local business owners and shopping in Downtown Hillsborough. We are open and welcome your business. Additional events going on around town can be found at http://www.visithillsboroughnc.com/ , http://hillsboroughchamber.com/ and http://www.ourhillsborough.
- Weaver Street Market’s Open Mic Night featuring local acoustic musicians every Thursday evening from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Wine tastings every Friday evening from 5 – 7 pm.
- Hillsborough Yarn Shop features classes from beginner/novice to advanced/expert throughout each month.
- Hillsborough Arts Council’s Last Fridays every last Friday of the month (April – September).
- Hillsborough Arts Council’s Last Fridays Art Walk every last Friday of the month (Feb. – Nov) from 6 – 9pm.
- Eno River Farmers Market, market hours are Saturdays 8am to noon, and Wednesdays 4 to 6pm.
- Hillsborough Wine Company offers “First Friday’s” wine tastings from 5 to 7 pm, the first Friday of every month, as well as additional weekly tastings monthly.
- Panciuto, located at 110 S. Churton Street, is now serving a modified menu weekdays. The menu now includes appetizers, pastas (full or half-size), meats, sides, and desserts. It will continue to be inspired Italian using more than 93% local ingredients, with everything made in-house by hand.
- Historic Hillsborough Culinary Tour, 11am-2:15pm. Talk with chefs, owners and farmers while exploring charming downtown Hillsborough, home to handmade chocolates, locally roasted coffees,organic wine and one of the most esteemed restaurants in the Southeast. $42.50. 919-237-2254. ww w.tastecarolina.net
- Children’s Saturday Art Activity at Margaret Lane Gallery – Every Saturday from 1 to 2:30 pm the Gallery has a special art activity for children, on a drop in basis. It is fun and free! There is something different week. Activities we have done in the past include butterfly books, finger knitting, shaping and decorating eggs from cold porcelain clay, making God’s Eyes, and window transparencies. Check us on Facebook (Margaret Lane Gallery and Studios) for activity specifics. Margaret Lane Gallery is located at 121 West Margaret Lane, in between the library and the Hot Tin Roof
Last Friday Hillsborough Art Walk
Margaret Lane Gallery, 121 W. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Friday, May 26, 2017
6:00-8:00 pm—Word Bowl Poetry and Art Poetry Treasure Hunt
8:00-9:00 pm—Open Mic with Mimi Herman, Piedmont Laureate
Join us for a delightful evening of hands-on poetry. We’ll explore two different types of poetry–word bowl poetry and ekphrasis (poems about art) – with Mimi as your guide, then share our poems in an open mic reading. Poetry night is open to brand-new and experienced poets of all ages. Bring your best friend, your children, your great-aunt Edna, and discover how easy and fun it is to write poetry. Free and open to the public.